Monday, August 30, 2010

Almost September!

It is August 31 here already which means it's almost September which means it's almost my favorite month of the whole entire year! Not just because it's my birthday month, but also because it is SO beautiful back home! It means pumpkin, apple crisp and leaf changing season along with harvest time and homecomings! But this year it will be even more memorable here in Guam! Also, the big 2-1 is coming up in a few weeks! :D)))
I am almost done filling out my Americorps application. If I get accepted I will be volunteering 20 hours a week starting in October and then will receive 2-3 checks for over $400 dollars for every month I am active with the Americorps here in Guam as a "living stipend." I really hope that I can participate in this. The Americorps is such an amazing organization and it just so happens to be one of the organizations that I am hoping to get involved with after college so this could really boost my resume in the non-profit sector.

So wish me luck!!!

Peace & Blessin's :D

No comments:

Post a Comment