Sunday, August 15, 2010

8/16/2010 - Guam

It is 6:40 am here and about 3:40 pm back home right now. I'm still not fully used to the huge time difference. I think I'm still functioning on SD time. It is morning 2 here in Guam but it feels like I've been here for a week! I am anxious for classes to start on Wednesday because it will give me something to keep me busy and look forward to. I know this semester will fly by in no time once it gets going! Everything is so beautiful here! The trees are a lush, vivacious green color and it rains at least 3 times a day. I love it when it rains because it makes everything cooler. The temperature here is about 85 degrees a day which isn't terrible but it is extremely humid! I have been hanging out with 4 of the NSE students that are also here. I think we are still waiting on a few more of them to show up though. Today, we are going to get our student ID's, figure out our financial aid, go running, make breakfast, figure out our dorm situation, and hopefully do some more exploring. When we arrived they gave us all very different living arrangements than what we had previously been informed of so we are trying to straighten all of that out. There is a marine lab on campus and there are octupi and star fish down there and you can even swim a bit if you want so we are going to go check that out at some point too. I haven't been too homesick yet which I'm pretty proud of. I know I can do this! God has a reason and plan for everything and everyone and I know there's a reason I'm here.

Peace & Love!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to hearing about your adventures! This will be a great learning and growing experience.

    ReplyDelete