Sunday, July 11, 2010

5/10/2010, 12:54 am (Accra, Ghana, the Pink Hostel)

I'm homesick!! It's one in the morning, we have to be up at 4:30 am and I haven't hardly slept in two days. I think once I get some rest and we get going I'll be better. Tomorrow we're going to a private beach in Lome, Togo to swim in the ocean. We got out of customs and everything around 11 pm. Getting through the Accra airport was so hectic!!! It was so different and people instantly started trying to steal our bags, haha! What an adventure already. Oh, and I forgot the bag of toys that I bought for the kids! :( All of these events are just adding up to my exhaustion and homesickness. I'm hoping to be in contact with home soon. When we got to our hostel tonight we walked down the street to Yokos, a bar/restaurant that stayed open late to serve us. I tried chicken on hummor or something and some weird beeg egg roll things. My favorite was the red pepper chicken kabobs. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment